I've been bad about posting on this blog, and I'm sorry if you check expecting to see new stuff, but getting nothing instead. I don't want to give up on this thing, it's just that I got the feeling readers want pictures, and when I fly I don't worry about taking pictures, I worry about flying. So anyway, I might be putting up more posts and less pictures, and I'm sorry about that.
I should let you know that just because I've been bad about making blog posts doesn't mean I haven't been flying much. I have actually been putting in about 5 hours a week up in the air. I've been working on landings, and after about a week of nearly killing myself with bad ones, I started to make some good landings. I'm super happy with that, because honestly I got really freaked out about it one day when I bounced the plane 10ft of the runway and almost sent us off the landing strip. I was so shaken up, that I didn't know what to even say. I felt like that guy at the beginning of Top Gun, when he turns in his wings because his nerves can't take it anymore. I stuck it out though, and this week I've had some really awesome landings that probably couldn't have been better. I also landed at the Carlin Bay airstrip (the one by my house), and everyone says it's a really tough one due to the width, length, and the perspective of the runway being on a cliff.
Those good landings have really made me feel good about this flying stuff again, and I've already started working on Instrument flight, also very cool stuff. I'm still excited about this, and it doesn't get much better than that.
Jared M. Thiele
Also, I've been pretty good about writing letters lately, and if you email me your address I'll be happy to send you a letter. Jaredthiele@gmail.com
Jared M. Thiele
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment