Not having a 40 hour a week job and making the moving to Idaho has opened me up to all kinds of new experiences.
I went ahead and followed my parents example and got involved with the East Side Fire Dept in Harrison. I'm the youngest person there (sort of how I feel about everything I've done here so far), and everyone is happy to have me on the team.
So far I have only been to one fire training meeting, and I only signed up to be a helper, which means limited responsibility like traffic control and assistance, but they did hook me up with all the gear including boots, jacket, pants, helmet, gloves, goggles and more. Pretty cool!
I also signed up to get EMT (emergency medical technician) training too, but that's a bit more intensive and I'll wait until the Fall when I'm not doing as much flying to dive into that.
Sorry for such a shorty post. I have a lot to talk about, but this North Idaho internet is a joke. The stuff we have at home only allows us to transfer 300MB per day between 5am and 11pm. Ugh, well this is why I got a phone with internet on it, so please bear with me as I get the hang of this.
BTW, I'm looking to get rid of those stupid reaction boxes at the bottom of each post. I set them up somehow, and now I can't seem to figure out how to take them off. Any suggestions? Curly?
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I've never seen those reaction buttons. It must be new since that feature is taking the internet by storm.
You're turning out to follow every kid's dream careers, sheesh. Pilot, firefighter... The captcha below says 'semis'. Maybe wait to try that.
My "ah puke" was for the reaction boxes.
I figured out the reaction button thing. it was in the template, had to delete it out of there.
Post a Comment